One-Pot Creamy Chicken Moscato
YES!! Hands down, one of my favorites. This is one of those recipes that will have people asking you for seconds. I have packed tons of great ingredients together and this recipe really allows us to build upon layers of flavor to create a fresh and delectable palate.
I have decided to use a Moscato wine which is full of tangerine, mandarin, sweet lime and floral notes. This wine is a bit sweeter than one usually used in a sauce like this. I think it complements the savoriness of the chicken very well. I have modeled this recipe after a basic Chicken Marsala sauce. Everything is done in a single pan for little mess and easy clean up.
If you’re looking for the dairy free version of this recipe just omit the cream from the recipe and you have a wonderful and simple Chicken Moscato sauce. Great for cooking ahead and taste even better the second day. If you are looking for a bigger portion just double or triple the recipe to make more servings.
- 2 Medium or Large chicken breast
- 8 ounces white mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 cups (± ¼ cold cup water) [Separated]
- 1 cup moscato wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon chicken bullion
- 2 tablespoons parsley (fresh or dry)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon Morton Nature’s Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Add oil to saucepan.
- Coat chicken breast evenly with Nature’s Seasoning, salt, black pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Turn stove to a medium-high heat.
- When hot add your seasoned chicken to sauce pan.
- Cook 7-10 minutes and until you get a nice golden color sear on both sides.
- Toss in mushrooms and crushed garlic.
- Cook for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally until mushrooms begin to sweat.
- Add moscato wine.
- Reduce wine about 10 minutes simmering on medium-low heat uncovered stirring two or three times.
- Add 2 cups water, bay leaf, parsley and chicken bullion.
- Remove and shred chicken. Return to pan. Cook for an additional 5 minutes uncovered.
- Add heavy cream to pan.
- Mix cornstarch and ¼ cup of cold water in separate mixing bowl.
- Add mixture to saucepan and stir in well.
- Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes for sauce to thicken.
- Serve over pasta, tortellini, rice or mashed potatoes.