Chicken Cupcakes are a tasty, fun and clever way to make use of that muffin tin. Chicken, bacon, cheese and mashed potatoes means good ol’ fashioned comfort food. This recipe is a go to for any dinner night. Serve with a side of veggies and dinner is poppin’. Great to prep in advance.
Prep Time: 30-45 minutes
Bake Time: 30 minutes
Cool Time: 10 minutes
3 Quart pot
Fork or potato masher
- 4-5 medium potatoes (peeled and cubed 1.5inch)
- 4 medium chicken breast
- 2 large chicken breast (butterflied)
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 ½ cups panko breadcrumbs (Italian or seasoned)
- 4 ounces cubed cheese
- 4 tablespoons bacon pieces
- Paprika (to garnish)
- [Dry Ingredients]
- 2 teaspoons parsley (dry or fresh)
- 1 teaspoon Morton’s Nature Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Take your rinsed, peeled and cubed potatoes and drop into at least a 3 quart pot and fill with enough water to cover potatoes. (Add small amount of salt to taste if desired while boiling)
- Bring water to rapid boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-high.
- Boil for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. (Ready when they cant be picked up by a fork)
- Turn off stove burner and drain water from potatoes.
- Return to pot and place on same burner.
- Add butter and dry ingredients to potatoes.
- Mash with fork or potato masher.
- Set aside and let cool while working on the chicken.
- Use a meat tenderizer to thin out the chicken breasts. (Cover with plastic wrap to reduce mess)
- Coat chicken evenly with panko breadcrumbs and place into muffin tins in a bowl shape. (Leave center empty for stuffing)
- Place ½ tablespoon bacon pieces into each chicken bowl.
- Place 1 ounce of cheese into each chicken bowl on top of bacon.
- Place another ½ tablespoon of bacon on top of the cheese in each chicken bowl.
- Spoon potatoes set aside from earlier onto each chicken bowl evenly.
- Use your hands or a spoon to shape potatoes into a muffin top.
- Sprinkle with paprika to give a nice color and flavor.
- Place into a preheated oven at 425F for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven with caution. Muffin tin and cupcakes will be very hot.
- Let sit and cool at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Remove from muffin tin and put onto plate using a large serving spoon.
- Serve with a side of your favorite veggies and enjoy.
- Refrigerate leftovers immediately.